ilovemygirls

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Go Granny, Go Granny, Go Granny Go*





*Yes, we all know that's from "The Little Old Lady From Pasadena"-The Beach Boys http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/PrintLyrics?OpenForm&ParentUnid=51FEAF123526BB84482569820028E78F

Sometimes I'm so surprised when I look in the mirror and I see this gray haired old lady! How did this happen? I feel like I'm 18! Someone can be driving in front of me and going so slow - and seeming like they don't know where they are and when I pass them by and see it's someone with gray hair - I say to myself "oh boy - old lady - no wonder" and then I realize that someone else will probably say the same thing about me. Because I too am an old lady with gray hair!!!!

But as corny as it sounds these seem to be the best years of my life.

I think that my job and my ebay have made all of the difference.

After working for ten years at the University of Hartford and living in West Hartford I was very concerned about moving to the "country" - what was I going to do? how was I going to keep busy?

I started working at TANGLEWOOL - a fabulous, very up-scale woman's clothing store in Lenox, MA. (http://tanglewool.net/) I do a good deal of the buying with the owner (my dear friend) traveling with her to New York City, Paris and once we even went to London.

One night my husband and I were at a restaurant, The Old Mill (http://travel2.nytimes.com/top/features/travel/destinations/unitedstates/massachusetts/berkshires/restaurant_details.html?vid=1086282841974) in Egremont, MA and were sitting in the bar waiting for a table. No shock - we struck up a conversation with the other people sitting there too. The woman at the next table asked what I did here - people are always curious when they hear that I live here "full time" - what could I possibly be doing!!!! When I told her - she replied, "I heard about you!" I thought that was really something - I am having such a good time that she actually had heard about me.

That was a few years ago - before I started selling on ebay. Now living in the "country" is even better. I really am enjoying this ebay business - my access to such beautiful clothing is great and being able to pass on really wonderful buys to people all over the world is such fun!

This OLD GRANNY is having a great time!**

**actually I'm not really a granny yet!



The link to my ebay items is: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZilovemygirls3QQhtZ-1

6 Comments:

Blogger Mattyd said...

Hopefully this isn't some veiled attempt to push for grandchildren...

4:24 AM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing - great minds think alike!

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing too... It's not such a bad idea, Matty! hee hee! :)

You are going to be a fabulous granny!

8:27 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Can't wait!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look so cute in this pic! em

6:57 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

I love my girls!

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home