ilovemygirls

Friday, October 27, 2006

I don't understand this at all!.......

Why would someone bid on something - win it - and then not get in touch with the seller at all. OK - so you're assuming that this person is just a deadbeat! No, this particular person has 11 good feedbacks. She pays so quickly they all say - and how good an ebayer she is.

I don't do what a lot of sellers on ebay do - THREATEN! I hate that - you read the description of their item and then they start ranting and raving about how you have to pay in 3 days OR ELSE! Or else what? Are they going to come to my house and get me? Or.....if they don't get paid in 10 days they will relist the item and give you - ah yes, you know - NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!

How dare they threaten anyone? I don't understand it at all. I mean, isn't this a friendly transaction? Aren't we happy that someone wants to do business with us? At the store when someone decides to buy something - we don't start yelling at them about which credit card they are going to give us - or how quickly they're going to get their checkbook out. We smile - we're friendly - we're happy that they are making a purchase.

Should it be different for an online purchase through ebay? I don't think so. I don't threaten anyone - I don't tell them I am going to give them negative feedback - I just assume that if you have bid on an item and you have won it - well, then I assume that you're going to pay for it.

So - I send out the invoice as soon as the auction is ended. Most people pay at once - some people pay the second the auction is over (I do that) and some people will get in touch with me to tell me when they are going to pay. Some people will say that they are watching another item that I have on and is it OK for them to wait so that they can be shipped together if they win that too. Of course! I have had people ask me (before the auction is over) if they can pay on payday? or in a week? Of course! Really, with me - everything is OK - except for this.......you win the item - I send the invoice - I don't hear from you at all.

Once I heard from someone annoyed that I even sent an invoice - afterall, someone in the familly died - now she doesn't want it at all! Duh! Was I supposed to know that? I don't even leave negative feedback for that - but you know why, don't you?

So - my suggestion to all buyers - pay the invoice as soon as you can - and if you can't - please - please, just email and say how and when you are going to pay. I don't mind waiting - I'm totally reasonable - I just like to hear from you.

THANKS!

If you would like to comment on this - please click here.....

Check out my items listed on ebay - here.......


Just for the record - after 10 days went by I put in a non-payer dispute with ebay - obviously when she got that she paid. Not a word from her - no apology - nothing. This doesn't make for a great ebay experience. She winds up with a fabulous (really fabulous value - $1200 Issey Miyake suit for $180!) and not a word from her. And of course I don't even want to say anything negative in my feedback (I wouldn't leave a negative - but I'd love to leave a neutral - which doesn't hurt her record) - but you know I could pay the price for that. Read - What's wrong with Ebay's feedback system.....


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you leave your feedback for her, give her a positive and then leave the following message:

She paid.

Because, after all, that was the only positive thing about dealing with her.

Sorry you have to deal with those types. Anytime I've bought on ebay I have always paid immediately with PayPal. One time I had paid and over a week went by and I never heard from the seller. I had paid and she didn't even acknowledge that she had received the payment or informed me that she had shipped the item. I finally emailed her to inquire whether or not it was shipped. She never responded to the email. I finally got the item another week after that. I was so peeved - I didn't leave any feedback for her at all. (mainly because she hadn't left mine yet...) I don't think she ever left any for me either. That was the only seller that never acknowledged that I even existed. Not a friendly seller at all.

6:54 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

You were smart not to leave her feedback. Like I said - that is the problem with feedback - if you left her a neutral - which I think is what you would want to do in a case like that - because a neutral doesn't effect their feedback rating - it just gives you an opportunity to say what you have to say - BUT THEN - since she didn't leave you feedback - you risk her wrath!
Most people are really nice - but like everything else - there are always those that are not going to be very nice.
I didn't leave this gal feedback either.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home