ilovemygirls

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ebay Handbag Forums

Now what is this all about?
I received this email from the buyer of the Balenciaga bag that was sold just yesterday.....

I bought this bag and i am ready to pay. But before I do, I need to ask a favor of you please. I belong to the Purse Forum and some of the girls there think the numbers on the back of the tag are not from the camel bag but from and ink bag. Can you please take a picture with flash of the back of the tag? Notice how the front of the tag pics look camel, and the ones of the back are very dark?
It is probably the lighting but I bought 2 fake Balenciaga bags and paid alnost 2000. for them. I want to be sure before I hit that Pay Pal send button. I didn't ask you about this earlier because I just went to the purse forum and saw it discussed.
Thank you very much. I realize that you have excellent feedback, but many sellers think they have authentic bags because they don't know any better and they didn't purchase the bag themselves at an authorized Balenciaga dealer.
Thank you very much. As soon as I get the pictures I will pay instantly as I always do.

Now once before I had received an email from someone who bought a Coach bag from me. Telling me that they didn't want it because their "handbag forum" told her it was a FAKE! Now I bought that COACH bag myself - directly from the COACH Outlet right near my home. I told her that her "handbag forum" didn't know what they were talking about and that she commited to buy the bag. She paid immediately and was thrilled with the bag.

So tell me - what is this "purse" "handbag" forum all about? Who are these people? What are they talking about?

Look, it's possible - it has happened to me. Someone sent me a CHANEL bag - it didn't look great to me - I asked her about it and she told me that she bought it at a CHANEL Boutique at an airport. This gal travels a lot - buys great things and I believed her (I do believe she believed it too) but I had the bag checked and it was FAKE! What if it got sold to someone - that would have been awful. BUT if you receive anything from anyone - if you have any question - take it directly to Chanel, Vuitton, Dior, etc. and they will let you know if it is real or not. I was once at the Vuitton Boutique at Saks 5th Avenue and someone had two bags that she brought in to have verified - they were both real. They seemed very happy to help her! Of course if it ever happened I would more than happily return anyone's money. I would hate it to happen.

99% of the time I know the people I am dealing with (who I'm getting things from) and that particular Balenciaga bag came from a family member - I was able to guarantee 500% that it was real - how dare the "HANDBAG POLICE" suggest that I took the picture of the code # from another bag - REALLY!

Well - the fabulous bag is on its way to its new owner and I'm sure that she will be very pleased! At least I hope so!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Many sellers think they have authentic bags because they don't know any better..."

Clearly this woman doesn't know who she's dealing with...

4:25 PM  
Blogger KO said...

Hi B, This is Kristen. I have been on that purse forum before and it is all gals chatting about how much they love bags. For the most part they seem pretty well informed and they do want to help each other from buying fake bags on ebay. When I got my Marc Jacobs I started looking at others of his and came across the forum and they were discussing the different ways to tell if it is a real MJ or not. I am surprised the woman with the belenciaga was worried, you are the best ebayer ever! Talk to ya soon, can't wait to see some size 10 shoes on yer list! Kristen

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home