ilovemygirls

Monday, January 08, 2007

What a disappointment!

I must say that all of the trouble that the discussion group people caused me has definitely had an effect on me. I wanted to drop it and put it all behind me - BUT they have really caused me trouble and the really sad thing about that is knowing that it made them happy!

Yesterday Ebay pulled 5 auctions off of ebay because my blog was mentioned. Now - this is really OK - I did take any mention off of any other auctions but these 5 slipped through - it was not intentional! I spoke with someone from ebay and understand why they don't allow this.....really it's all about business! They just don't want people directing ebayers to other sites for fear that they are trying to sell them something. Of course I am not selling anything through my blog - but they don't know that (I guess).

What makes me angry though is how these petty minded people can take satisfaction in knowing that my hard work for all of these auctions has to be done again. Once an item is removed by ebay you can not bring it up again. That means I have to write the descriptions and take the measurements all over again.

The good thing though has been all of the wonderful support that I have gotten from so many people. I have put some of the emails up and am not going to put anymore on - but people are still reading my blog and enjoying it.

BUT I have other problems - luckily they are really not important enough to linger much longer on them.

I bought a new MacBookPro and have been on the telephone with Apple since last week. That is really why I haven't been blogging! So many hours on the telephone.

There is nothing wrong with the new computer - it is beyond perfect BUT I still cannot print foreign labels either through PayPal or the USPS and it is making me crazy. I have tried logging on at the Apple store and have been able to do it - so why does it not work on my computers?

Hopefully one of the many Apple techs will figure this out and I can move on to other business.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, many of us will occasionally have our auctions taken down for one reason or another, especially now, when eBay seems to be monitoring sales closely for counterfeits due to their pending lawsuits.

I'm so sorry that you've had your auctions taken down because of your blog references. You're right, eBay won't allow links to off eBay sites on their property, nor will they allow advertisements for personal or business sites on actions or ME pages.

In the future, you may wish to save a copy of your auctions. I have done so routinely for years. Not only do I have a verbatim copy of my auction listing, I have copies of the exact pictures I have used.

When one of my auctions was accidentally taken down due to a mistake made by eBay, my meticulous measurements and description were all available to me again so I could relist within minutes.

Best wishes....

3:16 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Thanks for the information - I will certainly save my information from now on. Luckily all photos are in the Picture Manager on ebay - so those don't get lost. We do learn from our mistakes! I appreciate your comments.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home