ilovemygirls

Monday, January 01, 2007

In all fairness!

Back from the cruise! It was really fun! It was good to get away and have a complete change of scenery for a few days! My only complaint was that I really could not use my computer. The connection on the ship was slower than slow and very expensive. I definitely tried using it and even managed to get a few emails off to my children, one or two scrabble plays and even managed to send off an invoice through ebay - after the third day though - it was all for naught and I just gave up. I guess giving up the computer really did make it a vacation!

My BLACK & WHITE clothing was perfect for me and it was great to be with the family!

Happy New Year!

Now let's get back to business.......

In all fairness I would like to say that I signed on to the discussion boards on ebay before going on vacation. I sent off a Marc Jacobs handbag right before Christmas. I print all of my labels online through PayPal. I find that to be the easiest way to do it. I used to hand write all of the labels and it was so time consuming and I was always afraid of losing the insurance slips. This way all of the information is right online and easy to trace! OR SO I THOUGHT!

The buyer of the MJ bag emailed me three days after the package was sent (still two days 'til Christmas) to tell me it wasn't received. When I traced it through the USPS it didn't even show up as being mailed. What does one do?

SO I asked my question on the discussion board on ebay.......I was happy to receive many good responses to my dilema. I learned that I should have the packages scanned when I bring them to the post office. Up 'til now I have just dropped them off - he takes them - puts them in the pile and off they go. No proof that they have gone to the post office - only that a label was purchased on PAYPAL. So perhaps the discussion boards are a good thing! It certainly helped me with this problem. I think that my previous situation was just an unfortunate thing and I learned something in the end - I learned that these boards can be very helpful.

I did receive this nice email (comment) from someone and I thank her very much for it......

"Happy New Year & I hope 2007 is free of the ridiculous, mean spirited people you had to contend with over the LV wallet. I have always purchased LV @ Neiman Marcus and I have sold several pieces on Ebay.The selling experiences were great--no silly questions, I just guaranteed authenticity & had no problems from any of the sales.I have gotten ripped off on fake Chanels (for a LOT of $$$$, twice !!)so, I only purchase an expensive bag from a seller like you--one who sells only high end items & with great feedback. Or..I purchase retail if I am unsure of the authenticity. You have an excellent reputation , your items are wonderful & priced fairly--anyone who buys from you will get a great deal. If these soreheads who made such a ridiculous mountain out of a molehill have so many doubts about authenticity they just should NOT bid or buy...it IS a choice. I did not think your replies & remarks were snippy or out of line. When you sell on ebay you get some pretty silly questions...it takes a lot of time to measure, describe etc a listing & my feeling is..'the buyer has a choice--buy or not' the seller can guarantee authenticity & back it up with a refund if purchaser is not satisfied. (bearing in mind, some people are NEVER satisfied !) You are a true asset to ebay & to your many buyers & reader/lookers like myself. I hope you had a wonderful cruise & don't let those 'things' that come out from under their rocks & gripe @ you--don't let them get you down."

AND the buyer did receive the Marc Jacobs handbag before Christmas! So, all's well that ends well!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home