ilovemygirls

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

ALL SALES FINAL!

I admit that it is not fun having to take something back - it is not fun having to give a refund! BUT is it really fair to ask someone to buy something and then tell them - ALL SALES FINAL! This person is being asked to plop down a few hundred dollars for something that they are only seeing in generally pretty unprofessional photographs. Pictures taken at home in lousy lighting conditions - leaving questions about the real color, actual shape and size. Many of the items that I sell are high ticket items - and I just do not think it is fair to ask someone to buy it with the notion that it is NOT RETURNABLE!

Overall I have gotten very few items returned - I sell good things of great value and people seem genuinely happy to receive them. I was very angry at the gal who bought the MARC JACOBS bag - I should have never taken it back - it was way beyond the 7 day return policy that I offer. I believed her when she said that she didn't use it. It turns out that she did use it and managed to get the lining dirty. SHE LIED! It was too late for me - I had already agreed to take it back with the understanding that it was not used - the bag was BRAND NEW when it was sent to her.

That wasn't a nice thing for her to do. She probably does the same thing with department stores - devious!

But overall when items are returned it is OK - because it is just because the item is not right for that person and no one should be asked to keep things that are not right for them. I received this lovely email from the person who returned the sweater that he bought for his mother. It did not fit her.....

Hi Barbara,
The paypal funds have finally cleared today, and I have left ebay feedback for you.
Thank you very much for this wonderful, and very professional ebay experience. I have not dealt with anyone so committed to customer service as you are, in a very long time.
I hope to do business with you again in the future; and in the mean time I wish you happiness and lots of success in your life.
Best regards

I really appreciate his kind words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home