ilovemygirls

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Just not in the mood.........

I just haven't been in the mood for BLOGGING!
This blog is supposed to be about shopping, ebay, clothing, etc.

I've done lots of shopping........shopping for next fall for the store - it was great fun - but exhausting. It wore me down so that it definitely put my blog on hold.

I'll post some photos of the things that I really loved.
The problem with that is that we haven't finished this winter season yet and I really can't wait for this winter to be over (yesterday we had an ice storm and the front of my house looks like a skating rink) - but on the other hand - the clothing was so great - I can't wait for next fall! Now that sounds bizarre even to me!

Once we start opening up the boxes for spring and summer - I'm sure that I won't be looking all that forward to next winter!

As for the ebay part of the blog - well, it's almost four years now that I've been selling on ebay and you all know how much I enjoy it - but frankly, the last two months ebay has really worn me down.

First I had those three packages that didn't get where they were going.
One came back to me marked "unclaimed" (as you might already know) and was sent back to Canada - this time received in a timely manner and the woman was thrilled.
The second finally arrived in France and the woman who received it was so happy. She loved it and immediately paid me back the $217.99 through PayPal - an honest ebayer and a lovely woman. I'll actually miss our correspondence.

BUT THE THIRD - well, I'm willing to bet that this person received the package (after all, the first two did turn up) and will NEVER pay me back the $200 that was refunded to her. She is not an honest person. I have emailed her repeatedly and she has never given me the courtesy of a reply. She has been removed from ebay (I wonder why). I'm surprised that she ever paid me for the item in the first place - I had to wait and wait. I am sorry that I refunded her for the jacket as there was absolutely no correspondence from her. I did believe that I would be paid back if the item was finally received. Things like this make me lose a little bit of heart in ebay.

Then we have the creep who never sent me my Nintendo DS. My claim with PAYPAL is still open. I have to wonder what the question actually is. After all - he gives a tracking number - bogus of course - and not trackable - he NEVER sent anything! He sent that ridiculous email about falling off a horse (Oh Elysha - why are we so gullible - we so wanted to believe him). What would make a person do that? I don't mean the part about being a creep and a thief - I mean write that silly email? Isn't that the stupidest thing?

Ahhhh - but then......I offer a return policy. I mean it - I don't want anyone to be unhappy with a purchase from me! But why oh why - 3 items in one week! In the almost four years I've had so few items returned - couldn't count them on one hand - but this week the hand got used up! Three items - over $1000!

Let's see-one was a Marc Jacobs bag - gorgeous! gal said it wasn't "new" enough. OK - but the bag was really in perfect condition and is still $975 at Neiman Marcus. I would be more than thrilled to use this bag - it's fabulous and totally clean! BUT I say it's OK to return and it is. The bag has already been re-sold on ebay for a BUY IT NOW and there was so much interest in the bag. People know a good deal when they see one.

The second - another Marc Jacobs bag - really fabulous - but already returned twice. The first person actually used it for a week b/4 returning it. I should have never taken it back - but I believed her when she said that she didn't use it. She said that because it doesn't fit over her shoulder she didn't want it. That's OK - but perhaps she should have been honest - the lining of the bag was soiled when returned to me. This bag was BRAND NEW (never used) when sent to her. Then the bag sold again and the next person said the same thing - it doesn't fit over her shoulder. Tell me - please - I give the dimensions - 7" clearance - we all know that this is too small to fit over our shoulders. But I say that I do not want you to be "unhappy" - so the bag came back again. It has been relisted and again - it is a great bag and a great deal. This time I clearly state - THIS BAG WILL NOT FIT OVER YOUR COAT!

This returning costs me money - and remember - these aren't my things to begin with. I only make a commission for selling the items. SOOOOO - I have changed my return policy. You can still return anything but there will be a small charge to cover the listing/relisting charges. $10 maximum depending on the original cost of the item. I am charged a listing fee and then when it sells, a "final selling fee" from ebay. When the item comes back to me there is another listing fee. So I do think that this is fair.

The third item returned - a fabulous cashmere LORO PIANA sweater for either a man or a woman. A very nice guy bought it for his mom - but it didn't fit her and he returned it. Really, that's fine - it was expensive - if it wasn't right he shouldn't have to keep it. It has already been bid on - as it is back on ebay and many people are watching the auction.

But you can imagine - all of this at once wore me out! When I looked and saw the three boxes piled up (all having been received by me on the same day) - I just sighed! Then I issued the three refunds that totaled up to over $1000! Good bye profits!

So I just didn't have the energy to blog and I didn't have the energy to list things on ebay either. But yesterday I got myself going and did manage to list about six new items - I have a ton of things that have to be listed and soon we can start thinking SPRING again!

Hopefully my energy has returned and I can happily be blogging and selling again!

I'll put those photos in another blog - this one is long enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home