ilovemygirls

Sunday, March 04, 2007

The make-up lesson

I have been wearing make-up since the age of 15! YES, that means I've been wearing make-up for ALMOST 45 years! Wow!
|
Years ago I mentioned to a friend that I felt my daughter (she was about 15 at the time) was wearing too much make-up (now she wears hardly any) and she laughed at me! "You" "of all people" - "you made more trips to the drugstore for make-up than anyone else!"

So yes, I have always enjoyed wearing make-up. I love going to the department stores and seeing the new colors, the new products and trying them all out. How much hope is there in all of these containers? The joy of getting up the next morning and using the new products - how gorgeous will I be? Ha Ha Ha!

But I don't even sit in the house without my make-up on. The other day we had an ice storm - my power went off at 9:07 am and was out until late in the afternoon. That didn't stop me from putting on my make-up (knowing full well I wasn't going anywhere that day) and getting all dressed. That's it - I just do it - everyday! I don't know any other way!

I believe my vanity helped to save me, when, at age 32 I suffered from clinical anxiety and depression - no matter how miserable I was - no matter how miserable I felt - I got up each day - put on my make-up and got dressed! along with my sense of humor - which luckily helped me to laugh at my misery - I even continued to get manicures even though sitting there was torture!
I moved forward thank goodness!

So I see it as a good thing - it helped me to keep going.

This is the list of products that I shared with my sister-in-law. We had such a nice day last week and did our "make-up" together in the morning. It was great fun!

YSL (Yves Saint Laurant) OMBRES QUADRILUMIERES 4 color harmony for eyes
Cle de Peau cream foundation (expensive - but I have used them all and I think that this is the BEST!)
YSL RADIANT TOUCH - highlighter - it seems they sell one every 20 seconds! a great product!
Cle de Peau Contour des yeux - for puffiness under the eyes
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #1 (again - I have used them all! and I like this one the best - but also use YSL concealer)
Paula Dorf Cheek Color Creme DISCO
YSL Blush VariationFARDA JOUES - variation blush 2 (their blushes are so beautiful)
Lancome Hypnose Black Mascara (again, I've used them all and keep coming back to this one)
YSL Lip Pencil
Lipstick (buy at the drug store-Loreal makes a great selection of colors)
YSL Golden Gloss (ah, this is so beautiful)

Night eye creams:
hylexin serious dark circles
StriVectin SD Eye Cream

Morning - YSL Contour Expert Yeux (for the puffy eyes)
then the Cle de Peau contour des eyes (before putting on concealer)

This is a very expensive list if bought all at once - I couldn't even calculate - but purchased over a period of time - these products all last and I couldn't live without them. Oh my - of course I can! Must keep things in proper perspective.




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun!

I love Christian Dior mascara...It's called Diorshow.

Also, couldn't live without Maybelline clear mascara to tame my eyebrows. It's the one thing I use every single day no matter what. Without it, my brows would take over my entire face!

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was the student at "the make-up lesson". barbara has such a vibrant radiance without looking overly made-up. it's actually magical. i'm not there yet but i'm working on it. don't hesitate to try her regimen. she knows what she's doing. it's expensive, but hey we're worth it!!!

5:13 AM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Isn't my sister-in-law so nice? We had such a good time!

7:44 AM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

and my darling daughters - they do their make-up so well - ahhhh - I've done a good job!
Actually, neither of them wear that much make-up - they don't need it! To be young and beautiful! It can't hurt!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home