ilovemygirls

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I got lucky!

Last night I listed a lovely piece of Rosenthal china

Pollo white art vase Design Tapio Wirkkala Rosenthal

When I list something like this I usually look online to find others that might have been listed and sold to see where they started the bidding and where it ended up. I know much more about clothing than things like this.

This is a lovely little piece and you know how much trouble I sometimes have selling my things! - but I just have too much stuff and really want to clean out my life a little bit.





So I listed it for a starting price of $1 and knew that many people would watch it and hopefully it would do as well as the one that sold previously on ebay - $157.50.

The next thing you know - I get an instant payment of $12 for the sale of the vase!

OK - what happened here? That was $1 for the vase and $11 for shipping - someone really knew a great deal when they saw it! I always say "those ebayers are really savvy shoppers" - needless to say - I WAS NOT HAPPY AT ALL!


So what happened? Well, obviously I managed to make a HUGE mistake in the listing - somehow I put $1 in the BUY IT NOW box. I don't know how I could have done this - truly I don't - I've been selling now for just about 4 years and know where the price goes. Also - this was not going to be a BUY IT NOW auction. Somehow, someway - it happened.

What do you do now? Although I have sold many things at very good prices and am always happy when someone gets a great deal (like the Black Label Armani suit that went for less than $200!) I wasn't sending this little gem out for $1! I would have to risk bad feedback - but I wasn't going to do it.

I emailed the buyer and explained the error. HE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN NICER! How lucky am I?

Hi Barbara, I am not surprised that there was an error in the Buy-it-now price. I am a reasonable person but, you're really not counting on that since you've stated quite clearly that you will not honor the price. My position is this, I'd like to buy the vase so what is your bottom dollar? If we can come to a reasonable accommodation, I will PayPal the additional funds, if not, reverse the charge and the deal is undone. No harm, no foul... Let me know.

Now - this is the type of person you would hope was the person who bid and won. Lucky for me! What a nice person - I so appreciate his attitude - he sure knew a GOOD DEAL when he saw one! Besides being smart - he is also very very nice! I refunded his $12 happily and hope that he will be able to buy it in the relisting for a fair price (NOT $1).

I gave him my price and he passed but of course he will have a chance to get it at a good price in the auction. The vase will be relisted on Sunday starting at $1 with NO BUY IT NOW!!!! price!!!!!

This will be the listing.....Rosenthal vase

And the rest of my items can be found here! THANKS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home