ilovemygirls

Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's easy selling YOUR things!

It's easy selling other people's things - it's like the George Carlin routine about packing for a trip - how do you decide which of your "things" to take with you. How important all of your things are - so you finally decide and then you get to your friend's home - so you push their "things" out of the way to make room for your more important "things" - then you go on a side trip - and how do you decide which of your wonderful "things" to take with you! Your THINGS are so important to you!


I've decided that I must clean out my life a little bit - well, really a lot a bit! TOO MUCH STUFF - just tooooo much stuff. BUT is my STUFF just STUFF? It's important to me - but I hate that so many wonderful things are just sitting there not being used. I know I've talked about this before but since I've really been trying to move things on it is forefront in my mind. So I go through things and pick some things out to sell on ebay - I photograph them and write the descriptions, schedule them and watch the auctions - but then - what happens? I remove them from ebay - I just can't sell them! I can't move them on! I want to - but these are my THINGS! Hopefully I come to my senses and put them back on.


Is the person who is going to buy my fabulous brown Prada handbag going to love it? Is she going to use it everyday and really enjoy it? Do I get a guarantee that the bag is going to a good home? I feel like I'm sending my babies off - obviously I am not a well person. What should I do? I really want these things to go to people who will use them and enjoy them - otherwise they just hang from the hook in my closet - what a waste!


What about the wonderful Kieselstein black leather dress bag with the sterling Kieselstein charm bracelet that is attached? I've had it for years - I listed it on ebay and then just couldn't do it! I couldn't do it! I removed it and put the bag back into my closet. I know that I will never use it. I have an even more fabulous Kieselstein that I carry in its place - how many can you carry at one time?


How does it happen that our "STUFF", our "THINGS" can take us over? I know better than this - I really do - I must clean my life of all of this stuff!


It's easy though for me to sell "YOUR THINGS" - I'm not attached to those them!

Check out my ebay listings

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a great solution:

Give them to your daughters.

5:31 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Good idea - I do give them some things - BUT they have enough of their own "STUFF" - they don't even want mine! I taught them well!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home