ilovemygirls

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Let's Not Lose Perspective

It's hard not to lose perspective sometimes - what's really important and what's not! I received an email yesterday from someone telling me that she did not receive the item purchased from me. Let's start with the fact that the item was won and paid for about a week later. That's OK - we communicated with one another and it was not convenient for her to pay immediately - fine - as long as the seller is made aware of the circumstances - it's just fine. When the item was paid for it was immediately shipped - so it was a little annoying when just a few days later I get an email suggesting that "when I pay for something - I expect to get it!" - I mean gee - I was nice enough about waiting for payment - but I did send it out right away. So I checked the shipping information only to find that the item was immediately delivered to the address. So I emailed this party and gave her this information suggesting that she check with her post office.

Today I come home and get another email - this time - a threat regarding feedback! I got so upset! You know - I work hard at this - how many people will it take to ruin my hard earned reputation? Not many! AND the item was delivered 4 days ago! So I emailed the information again - twice! But this time I decided to find the gal's phone number and call her.

Was she this mean and threatening person? No - not at all - couldn't have been nicer. And really - let's keep all of this in perspective. A pair of pants - not even very expensive. This gal has too many unpleasant things on her plate and I guess her frustration was coming out over the fact that she did not receive this item.

She will have to go to her post office with the shipping information - afterall - it shows that the item was delivered. It would have had to be paid for - I hope I won't have to put in a claim for the pants (everything goes insured) - what a pain!

I feel terrible when things like this happen. Such a waste of everyone's time and energy - and this gal doesn't have the time or the energy.

This is when ebay is not as much fun as it should be.
Would someone really leave you negative feedback even though there is definite proof that you shipped the item? That seems pretty unpleasant. I guess I have had things like this happen in the past - you know - those packages that went to Europe around xmas time! Bummer - it can happen!

I hope that she will go to the post office and find that the package is there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Mom, you're a charmer. Your charm can even sooth the savage ebay beast.
XO

5:50 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

sometimes it is not easy!

6:06 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

sometimes it is not easy!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home