ilovemygirls

Sunday, October 07, 2007

I really did feel bad!

A very nice couple came into the store right before we were closing the other day. Both of us had to leave right at 5. I was meeting friends for dinner and the other gal had to get home to her dogs who were home alone all day! We told them that they had a few minutes and they were just fine with that.
She was looking around and commented that we didn't really have anything small enough for her - "ah yes" - "try this" I said - a fabulous YOHJI jacket - size 1. She looked amazing in it! Why not - great little body - super slim jeans - great belt - it was just great! Of course she was quite tempted - $1500! worth! She quickly tried on 2 other fabulous dresses that were in the 75% off sale room - really wonderful dresses - also small (which is why they were there) and great values! So they said that they would be back the next day.

Our season is the summer season - Tanglewood, Jacob's Pillow, Berkshire Theater, etc. etc. - once the summer is over business really slows down. The only reason that Yohji jacket was still there was because it just came in the week before. Most of our merchandise must arrive during the month of August - beginning of September. We close February and March - things come to just about a DEAD HALT!

Lots of people say that they are coming back the next day and then don't show up - they don't call either. Generally we never put sale merchandise on hold - but I really liked them and really figured that they would be back. I should have said "we'll hold these things until 12".

Came in the next morning and we had lots of activity - we were having a jewelry trunk show and lots of people were coming in. Weather was beautiful! A very good customer came in - she hadn't been in for a few weeks and was anxious for some new wonderful things. She picked out some things and was ready to go and then asked "any new jackets"?
What to do - what to do?
I gave her the jacket - she tried it on - she took it!
At 12 we put the dresses back in the sale room.

Of course you know what happened - they came in at 1:30!
I couldn't even begin to describe how angry they were!

Well, there were lots of people in the store - many who know me and they were very disturbed by the way he behaved. Didn't give me the slightest chance to say anything - if he had a gun - he probably would have shot me!

Let's not forget here - this is a jacket we're talking about!

About an hour later he came back in - not friendly and I don't even remember what he said - but another customer started to yell at him - he yelled back at her - oh boy! "STOP" I said - "let's not". Instead I suggested that we try to find the jacket at another store.

I called Bergdorf - no - I called Yohji - downtown in NYC. The fellow there couldn't have been nicer - but what did he discover - we were the only store in the entire country to order that jacket! I didn't have the guts to tell this to this man. So I told him that they were still checking and that I would get back to him.

I emailed the seller and hopefully someone, somewhere in the world also ordered this jacket. That I won't know until next week.

The wife called back at the end of the day - she apolozied (sort of) and so did I! She wanted to know if we still had the 2 dresses - we did! I told her we would HOLD THEM for her!

Well - believe it or not - someone called on Friday and asked if we had any small Morgane Le Faye dresses and I knew that this person would be in today.

I told the other gal (because I wouldn't be working) to explain to this gal that we had a "situation" and although we don't hold sale merchandise - we were holding these for someone. This gal couldn't be nicer - she tried them on (I understand she looked fabulous in them) and is willing to wait to hear if this other woman will take them or not.

They never came into the store today - but did call and said that they would be in tomorrow. Wouldn't it have been something is the other gal did sell the dress to this other woman!

Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow. But that's what happens when you hold things - after all was said and done they didn't come in today - they took advantage. We don't hold sale merchandise at all - I told her that and she said that she appreciated that we would! I don't know - I'm sorry that I held anything for her at all! I hope that she doesn't take the dress - I hope that the other woman gets it!

I learned a few lessons!

Now I don't feel so bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home