ilovemygirls

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Charming!

I have always loved CHARM bracelets! When I was a young girl I had a gold charm bracelet - a very special thing - I don't remember other jewelry that I might have had - a watch maybe, a pin - jewelry was not a big thing. But I did have a gold charm bracelet - with an assortment of charms. A gold diploma with a ruby in it (my birthstone) was a gift from my best friend Rita (we're still friends), a gold basket with flowers, a gift from my sister on the day of her wedding. Gold bells with pearls, a gold heart and of course - the most important - the gold July calendar charm - my birthday! I loved that bracelet!

At some point I gave the treasured bracelet to my older daughter! I'm sure that she was really thrilled when she had to tell me that she lost it!

I've more than made up for it - I love charms! I've attached them to my necklace - a dog, a bird, and a pearl - I get so many compliments - people love my necklace with the charms. My key chain is an LV chain of charms and I have a fabulous Hermes silver bird charm that I move from handbag to handbag - the charms give me a smile everyday.

Now I've discovered the ULTIMATE charm bracelet. The two companies that seem to be the biggest are TROLL and PANDORA (both are fun sites because you can actually build your own bracelet) - there are other companies that make these charms and lots of sites online to buy these charms. The thing to remember though is that Pandora charms fit on Troll bracelets, but Troll charms do NOT work on Pandora bracelets. That would make Troll the way to go for the bracelet but both companies make great charms.

So I have two bracelets - one that tells MY STORY - my girls, my son-in-law, my dogs, my husband and the other bracelet is all the things that I love - going to NYC, gifts, cows, sheep, pigs, handbags, teddy bears, ducks, pearls and the grandchildren I am planning on.

A great book - the charm of charms by jade albert and ki hackney. I found one sitting on a table at the Juicy store in New York. What a great book.

Charms are fun - they make you feel good and can add a little brightness to your day.

In the end I bought a good deal of my charms on ebay. There are so many people selling these charms and often you can find things that are not even available in the stores anymore as they have been retired or discontinued. It was really fun putting the bracelets together.

Check out my site on ebay......not as many things listed right now as I have been away buying for the store the last two weeks - but I will be getting lots of things listed and will catch up with myself this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home