ilovemygirls

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

You just never know!

I was doing business with a very friendly ebayer. She bought a wonderful jacket from me and then a great pair of earrings. She also wanted two sweaters that I had listed (the auctions were over) and another leather jacket that was going up. Lots of goodies and lots of invoices.

We had been emailing back and forth - she was very friendly and told me that I would be paid in another week. Never a problem - as long as someone tells you that payment will be forthcoming, then it's OK. I always understand.

BUT THEN - she paid for the first two items through PAYPAL - I received an email from PAYPAL telling me that the items were paid for and that I had to wait for confirmation that the payment has gone through before I should send out the merchandise. Shockingly, a week later I received an email from PAYPAL telling me that the payment did not go through and that I should NOT send out the items! Never, that had never happened before. I was so surprised - it didn't make any sense.

I emailed the buyer, I called her - no response. I filed "non-paying" complaints with ebay and still - NO RESPONSE! It just didn't make sense. But you know - I was not about to leave this ebayer negative feedback - I knew something wasn't right.

Today I received this email from her brother:
Dear eBayer,
Forgive the group message (blind copied of course) but I am under a lot of strain at the moment and I ask that each of you consider helping me.
My sister is in the hospital. I don't foresee her coming home for another week or two. I promised her I would write each of you. I am going to say, at this time, she will not be able to complete any purchase she may have had with you.
If you will do me the favor of replying to this email and letting me know how much money you lost by listing your item and any other costs incurred, I will forward those monies to you.
If I need to do anything else, please LET ME KNOW as I am a rookie at all this. I will need some sort of address, I guess, to get the funds to you.
I know this seems a little strange, but I didn't know how else to approach it. Please send responses to my address...I will check Connie's mail infrequently, mine I stay on top of.
With all sincerity,

So now it all made sense - and I feel so bad. I thought that there was something strange going on when she wanted so many things - but I do have customers who buy a lot.

I responded with:
OHHHHHH
I feel so bad
It was so strange - I was getting such friendly emails from her
she bid on some things and then didn't pay for them
It just didn't seem like her - I emailed her, I even called her - I couldn't understand
PLEASE - tell her to forget about ebay and just get better
I knew something wasn't right.
PLEASE GIVE HER MY HEARTFELT WISHES FOR A VERY SPEEDY RECOVERY
I will look forward to hearing from her when she is home again......
I am not concerned about any losses incurred - that is not important - just that she get well
REGARDS

and then received this email back from him:

Thank you so much for your kindness. She mentioned you especially.

So I was right when I thought it just couldn't be! and I'm glad that I didn't do anything to harm her ebay reputation - I hope no one else did either. We have to be careful before leaving negative feedback. Follow your gut!

I can guess what is going on with her and just hope that she will be home and well very soon.

Please check out my items - I have been receiving the most amazing things - hard to believe really - but lots of things being listed everyday - come check it out.

ilovemygirls3


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes! You are certainly right on with your instincts!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home