ilovemygirls

Sunday, September 30, 2007

It doesn't matter how SMART you think you are!

One of the things about my ebay selling is that the women who I get things from have only the very best things money can buy! They are always dressed to the 9's (whatever that means-but an expression I seem to have grown up with) and I see the things that they buy at the store - only the best! They do not buy fakes - I don't think they would even know where to find them! They certainly are not buying handbags under the bridge in NYC! These women shop in the very best stores and treat themselves to the finest goodies. So a favorite customer gave me a nice little pile of goodies - 2 Hermes bags, 7 Hermes scarves and two other cashmere scarves - one a Burberry and one from Johnston's Scotland. The Hermes bags were old, used but very salable - both of them went for fair prices and immediately in Buy It Now sales. Good for everyone - the owner was thrilled that anyone wanted her "old" things! But that is what is so great about ebay - for someone else, her "old" things become "new" and treasured - isn't that great???!!! I think so. One of the Hermes scarves is going off to Canada tomorrow - the woman who bought it for $285 is thrilled to have found it. A good price - a brand new scarf and something she has been searching for. Great! Everyone is happy. But the other day I received this email regarding the pretty PINK 100% Cashmere fringed scarf from Burberry!

I am very sorry to bother you, but are you sure your Burberry scarf is genuine. I think I read on some authenticity tutorials that the label for Burberry always reads BURBERRY (in all caps). Please advise. Thanks!

So I immediately went to my listing and checked it out - OH MY G-D - I couldn't believe my eyes - this is what I saw:
DUH!

When did Burberry put an "S" on the end of their name? NEVER! I totally missed it - can you imagine how I felt?
The interesting thing about this is that years ago when I was new to ebay, I bought myself a wonderful silk Burberry scarf in their classic colors. $35 - how can you go wrong? The scarf came and was quite beautiful! Wonderful quality silk, etc. etc. - until I saw the "S" on Burberry! I was taken and you know - I deserved it - you MUST BE SO CAREFUL! Now I don't believe for one minute that this woman who gave me this scarf to sell knew it was not "genuine" or "authentic" - she was probably given this scarf as a gift! She would NEVER EVER buy a fake - I know the things that she wears (jewelry included) and it is all the very best and of course totally REAL! But the funny thing is - the scarf is beautiful - the quality is great and someone would be happy to wear it - take off that silly tag with the "S" and you've got a very pretty PINK CASHMERE scarf for the winter. The color is gorgeous and it ties beautifully. What's in a name? Does it really make a difference in the end whether it is REAL or not? YES, I know that it does when selling on ebay. I'll mention it to the gal - I'm sure she won't want it back and I'll see if my daughter wants the scarf - she is so PRETTY IN PINK!

Most of all I THANK my friendly ebayer - she really helped me out - I certainly DO NOT want to be selling anything that is not AUTHENTIC!

Check out my items on ebay - ilovemygirls3


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home