ilovemygirls

Monday, November 07, 2011

How awful is this? How wonderful this is!

August 1st I sold a bag of my very own. A little black quilted CHANEL bag. I bought it 11 years ago and treated it like it was made of gold. On a long classic CHANEL chain - brushed silver with leather and LONG! an amazing little bag. The other thing about it was that you could remove the chain to carry as a clutch or better yet, you could put a belt through it and wear it as a belt bag. Ah, it was special.

BUT as wonderful as it was, I just didn't use it and hard as it was to give up, I listed it on eBay. I really do hate to see things like that linger on the shelf. Things like that should be used, loved and enjoyed. 

It was in BRAND NEW condition. I probably carried it a handful of times and then my daughter borrowed it a few times. She took it to CHANEL and had it cleaned and polished (it didn't even need it) for $100. So really, the bag was in BRAND NEW condition. A little jewel of a bag.

The bag sold immediately for $1050 to someone in Russia. Nice - I love to send things all over the world but Russia! I admit, it made me somewhat nervous. 

YUP - you got it - the bag never made it to this gal. Lost in customs! Well, you know that someone is enjoying it, but not the gal who bought it.

I can't tell you how fabulous this gal was. She NEVER opened up a CASE against me. She filled out the forms necessary for me to file the claim and she waited patiently for the money to be sent to me from the insurance company. It took 3 months for this to be completed. When I sent her the money - she thanked ME!

YES, eBay is a special place.

THANK YOU!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home