ilovemygirls

Thursday, November 03, 2011

No soap - RADIO!

Now really, what does that mean? I'll never know, but it is a saying that I grew up with. Kind of crazy really!

But this is more crazy!

There was a TV episode (can't remember the name :( but in the episode the gal goes to a department store and is accosted by a salesperson to try some kind of moisturizer. Not wanting to buy anything, she gets caught up (don't we all) and tries it and loves it. Looking at it and seeing the price, she decided that why not? Why can't she spend $20 on herself for a cream that will keep her young and beautiful.

She buys the cream and the next morning her daughter sees it and her mom tells her how she bought it the day before. Her daughter says "but mom, this was $200!" "Oh, no, it was $20" said her mom! Well, you know - she thought it said $20 but it was $200 and when you charge something, you sign and not necessarily notice - eek! She goes back the next day and attempts to return it - well, Good LUCK! She was not able to return it and it meant that their bills weren't going to get paid that month. Her husband was so angry and on and on and on.............

Yesterday I went to Bergdorf Goodman needing to replenish my Clea de Peu face make-up, lipstick and under eye cover. Their under eye cover is the BEST! I have been using it for years and their make up is pretty terrific too. It is pretty expensive though, but the face make up lasts at least six months and the under eye cover even longer. The lipstick is the only one that I actually use up - so I went and bought the things knowing that it was going to be costly. On the counter there was a bowl with an interesting looking concoction - all foamy and soft looking. "what is this", I innocently ask - "oh, it's our new soap and it is the BEST". At that point I said "OK, throw one in". Well, I won't tell you what it toted up too, but let's say - it had better last more than six months.

Last night I opened the soap - so beautifully packaged, and used it. Scrumptious and beyond! All lathered up I thought to myself - wow - this will make wonderful XMAS gifts. Today the dogs and I walked up to Bergdorf's and visited with one of the salespeople, whom I love and I told her about the soap. Oh, it's so fabulous, blah blah and blah. So she called down to the department to see how much it was - I figured probably $25 - because after all, it is quite special and decadent.

Well, if it was $25, I could have had 4 of them for what it cost! I was totally aghast! shocked and appalled! Maybe I can sell the story as a sit-com and get my money for this damn soap!

How can I enjoy it now? My goodness! I'd better be really gorgeous tomorrow morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home