ilovemygirls

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

THE SHEARLING SAGA :(

I think I understand what happened and I am not happy at all.
Believe it or not the same Shearling coat got sent out again - the gal received the coat and emailed to say that there was no label in the coat. My heart sinks - what is going wrong? I look at the photos and I see NO LABEL at all in the photos. This is crazy - so I called her and she tells me that there is absolutely no label in the coat. How strange this is.
OK - I think I understand what happened - because I packed the coat myself and sent it off this time. I did not pack it the first time. The coat was in a SAKS FIFTH AVENUE garment bag.
Now my assistant is a pretty smart gal, she has worked for me for one year and I love her. She does a great job. She described the coat as SAKS FIFTH AVENUE Brown/Black Shearling coat because it was in the SAKS GARMENT garment bag. (Could that be it?)
What to do, what to do?  Unless there is a label in the coat that says SAKS FIFTH AVENUE and 100% SHEARLING - we can't say that it is. It should have said NO LABEL - and we think it is 100% Shearling.

I emailed the original owner and hope to hear from her soon.
I don't want the woman who received the coat to be unhappy. I have issued her a refund, but I am really distressed about this whole thing.
We would never try to pass anything off to anyone without a full and honest description.

It is a beautiful coat though. I want this woman to enjoy it and be happy.

EEK!

OK - this is it - I promise you won't hear about this again.
This is what happened - my friend bought 3 shearlings at a Wholesale Shearling Outlet - this was one of them - this does not explain why it did not have a label, but it is indeed shearling. Why she put it in a Saks Fifth Avenue garment bag, I do not know - but that is what must have happened.

I feel terrible - but this is it - over and done with - I have really upset myself over this - I'd better learn to "lighten up".

I know, I know - I PROMISED not to say another word. But you know me better than that :) 
I did receive this lovely email from this woman this morning and I can tell you that it made me very happy.

This is how, I feel a situation like this should end up - not without a word - just a cruel NEGATIVE for what was an honest mistake :)  THANK YOU EBAYER - thank you very much.

"I will accept your offer for you to let me return the item to you and you will pay for the shipping in return. I can see that you are an EXCELLENT seller. I will give you a rave review. The most important reviews are when there are problems, anyone can sell things when there are no problems and send it quickly, it it when there are problems like this that show the quality of the seller and how they handle the problem. You have proven your self to be a world class seller with your emails, your offer to accept the return and pay for the return shipping shows me you are a seller I would like to buy from again in the future and I would recommend to everyone."

YES, this is what I love about eBay - people like this!


NOW, I PROMISE - not another word! 


oh well, just one more

Positive feedback ratingExcellent seller, we had a problem, she fixed it! I recommend her 100%
 Saks Fifth Avenue Dark Brown & Black Long Shearling Coat-soft/warm/beautiful-M      






1 Comments:

Blogger WinginSue said...

Honey, don't stress over this. Like you said, you've been doing this for 9 years without problems. EVERYONE has a snafu from time to time. EVERYONE!!! This is a snafu and I'm sure it was unintentional. You refunded and explained. You've done what you can to make it right. That's what any business would do if they had integrity. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move forward. Trust me, every business has a snafu from time to time.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home