ilovemygirls

Tuesday, February 14, 2012




















HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

I don't really know how I feel about Valentine's Day. I think that perhaps too much importance is assigned to this day. Could that be because I'm married almost 39 years? I don't know - but I go along with it the best that I can.

Perhaps it was nicer when the girls were young and it was an opportunity for pretty cupcakes and new undies along with a card. When I was young, we always got new undies! I guess I carried out that tradition. Even bought my grand daughter some Monday-Sunday big girl panties this year. It was fun to pick out cards for the grand babies and it was really nice that my son-in-law actually commented on how much he enjoyed the card that I sent to them.

That said, I guess I enjoyed this Valentine's Day.

Hubby and I made plans for a lovely dinner - and lovely it was!

When we left - we started walking back to the apartment and I asked him if he took his credit card (he sometimes leaves the card behind :)   He said "gee, I don't think I even signed the receipt". We walked back to the restaurant and the waiter was really quite gracious - said "that's OK", but hubby proceeded to sign and leave a nice big tip.

I was waiting outside for him and happened to notice ROSES left behind in the garbage. Right on the edge of the pail. They were red roses, wrapped in a grocery store bag. Two of them had already started to wilt and it made me feel so sad. I looked around and there was no one there who seemed to have left them there and so I took them.

My husband said "where did you get those?"  "from the garbage", I said. He couldn't believe that I took them. But how could I just leave them sitting there to wilt and die?

We walked home and I got back to the apartment, cut them and put the in a glass (no vase here :( and they are just beautiful - 18 lovely roses. The two that started to wilt have come back to life and I'm so happy to have saved them.

But what could have happened?

Did someone buy them for someone and the person was stood up?
Were they bought for someone and the person who received them didn't want them?
What do you think?

Something happened..............I wonder what it was.

HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY!


1 Comments:

Blogger Elysha said...

Wow! A v-day mystery! I wonder where they came from. Glad you gave them a good home.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home