ilovemygirls

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I know, I know

I know I've told you the secret........I won't even repeat it here - BUT I should tell you that it doesn't ALWAYS work. Sometimes you wait and watch and wait and watch - no one has bid on that item yet! That's so great! Perhaps you'll even get it at the low starting price - BUT WAIT - it seems to have disappeared! That's right - it's gone! What could have happened to it? You look up the number and the item has truly vanished into thin air!!!!

Well, it was probably removed from ebay! As a seller we reserve the right to remove our item. I have done it very few times - but I have done it. Once I couldn't find the item - I relisted a Judith Leiber pill box - I realized after it had been bid on that I couldn't find it any where! That's the trouble with relisting - all you have to do is click and the item is relisted. You'd better check first to make sure you know where the item is. Good for me though - it turned up under the bed in the guest room a year later - and now - rather than relist it - it's in my handbag! So pretty - I'm glad I kept it.

But what about the person who had bid on it. She has to wonder what happened to it. All you have to do as a seller is give the reason for removing the item - item is broken, item is missing, item is no longer available and then - poof - GONE!

Perhaps a seller is given a nice offer for the item that has been on for 4 days with no bids and the seller takes it and removes the item - JUST LIKE THAT!

So, I guess waiting 'til the very end to bid is a good idea - but sometimes it can come back and bite you in the A........!!

Be careful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home